Segmentation Parameter Tuning (SPT), is an open source software designed for automatic tuning of segmentation parameters based on a number of optimization algorithms using different quality metrics as fitness functions.
The current version of SPT is 3.9 which includes many features such as:
- Many raster formats supported (provided by GDAL).
- Optimization algorithms available: Differential Evolution, Generalized Pattern Search (GPS), Mesh Adaptive Direct Search (MADS) and Nelder-Mead.
- Segmentation algorithms available: Multiresolution Region Growing, EDISON Meanshift, Graph-based (Felzenszwalb’s Segmentation), SPRING and MultiSeg (for Optical and Radar images).
- Metrics available: Hoover Index, Area-Fit-Index, F-measure, Shape Index, Reference Bounded Segments Booster, Rand Index, Segmentation Covering.
- Reference tool: Create, Edit and Save segmentation references in ESRI Shapefile format.
- Assessment tool: Measure the quality of a segmentation outcome (raster image or shapefile) with respect to a certain reference.
SPT 3.9 (last update: September 1st, 2016)
3.9: (September 1st, 2016)
- Add last version of Multiseg segmentation algorithm.
- Fixed bug related to conversion from raster to vector.
3.5: (June 23rd, 2016)
- Corrected bugs related to visualization of false color RGB composition.
- 64bits version available now.
3.4: (April 22nd, 2016)
- Multiresolution, EDISON Meanshift, SPRING and Graph-based segmentation algorithms support all raster formats supported by GDAL (see a list of GDAL Raster Formats).
3.3: (April 3rd, 2016)
- Now it is possible to load a reference for Training and another one for Testing. The metric’s value for both sets are available at the report produced by SPT.
SPT 2.2 (Based on Genetic Algorithms)
SPT is noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes. For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. Any of these conditions can be waived if you get written permission from LVC/PUC-Rio.
If you use the SPT Tool in any of your experiments or researches that lead to a scientific publication, please cite the following paper:
ACHANCCARAY, P. ; AYMA, V. A. ; JIMENEZ, L. I. ; BERNABE, S. G. ; HAPP, P. N. ; FEITOSA, R. Q. ; COSTA, G. A. O. P. ; PLAZA, A. J. . SPT 3.1: A free software tool for automatic tuning of segmentation parameters in optical, hyperspectral and SAR images. In: IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium – IGARSS 2015, 2015, Milan. IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium – IGARSS 2015, 2015. p. 4332-4335.
Achanccaray, P.; Ayma, V. A.; Jimenez, L. I.; Garcia, S. B.; Happ, P. N.; Feitosa, R. Q.; Plaza, A. SPT 3.0: A free software for automatic segmentation parameters tuning. In: Simposio Brasileiro De Sensoriamento Remoto, 17. (SBSR), 2015, João Pessoa, PB. Anais do 17mo Simpósio Brasileiro de Sensoriamento Remoto, João Pessoa, PB: INPE, 2015. p. 5578-5581.
Achanccaray, P.; Ayma, V. A.; Jimenez, L.; Garcia, S.; Happ, P.; Feitosa, R. Q.; Plaza, A.. A Free Software Tool for Automatic Tuning of Segmentation Parameter. South-Eastern European Journal of Earth Observation and Geomatics, V. 3(2S), P. 707-712, 2014.